TVA IRP Public Involvement Opportunity
- February 27 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm EST: Educational open house at the Westin, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- March 5 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm CST: Educational open house at Memphis Gas, Light, and Water Auditorium, 220 S. Main Street., Memphis, Tenn. (validated parking provided at garage across the street)
Public comment is invited concerning both the scope of the EIS and environmental issues that should be addressed. You can provide input here or email or send comments to the addresses listed at the bottom of this page.
Solar Roof Project
"When I arrived at the Tennessee Solar Energy Association for the first meeting of my internship I was met by Steve Levy and Jim Hackworth. These men explained to me their objective and that they had a project for me to work on. This project was an attempt to spread solar to more of Knox County by allowing TVA to be the owner of the solar panels and lease the roof space of commercial buildings. My objectives were to locate large buildings with good roof space for solar panel installation, create calculations to project possible energy yields, contact business owners to see I they are interested in leasing their roof space, present my findings to KUB and TVA."
Read more below:
TVA Green Power Providers
Green Power Providers
Green power, switched on! If you’re interested in starting up a small-scale green-power project in the Tennessee Valley, TVA wants to work with you.
Green Power Providers (GPP) is an innovative and sustainable program offered by TVA and local power companies to encourage the development of solar, wind, biomass and low-impact hydro generation systems across the Tennessee Valley. The program is targeted for residential and commercial customers who wish to install small-scale (50 kilowatts or less) renewable generation systems. GPP participants are paid for every kWh generated by their renewable energy system.
Below are the program highlights for calendar year 2017:
- 10 MW offering will be split between residential and non-residential customers.
- The enrollment period is 11 months (January 11 to December 15).
- Capacity Reservations Requests (CRRs) received during the 11 months will receive 2017 generation credit payment rate.
- Program enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis starting in January.
- Fast Track projects (those projects under 10 kW) will require energy consumption of 1,000 kWh/year or more.
- CRRs will expire after 90 days if no approvals have been gained
- Generation credit will be paid at the retail rate for the entirety of the contract
For 2017, TVA requires at minimum the Associate-Level certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). For installers who currently hold an entry-level certification, you will have until December 2017 to convert your certification to Associate-level. TVA will periodically evaluate NABCEP requirement-related industry standards.
If you have questions, please call the Green Power Providers question line at (866) 673-4340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to learn more about Green Power Providers and its key features, read these frequently asked questions.
For more information, visit the TVA website.